Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Drab to Fab! Bentwood chair makeover

I bought three little chairs at a thrift shop not long ago, they all kinda looked alike but each were just a bit different, 2 of them had bright orange padded chair seats...Honestly they were UUUUGGGLY!! But I knew they just needed a little somethin somethin to make em look Fabulous!
Two of them I had already painted before thinkin of takin a pic, but here is one of them without paint, the other two were just a little bit bigger and had seats that I could recover..I decided to paint them and cover them in faux fur, I think they would make the cutest chair to sit in a girls room with a cute painted vanity..
I used Rustoleums Ultra cover, in Lagoon Satin, I luv this color paired with purple..I know crazy, right?!
I guess I just refuse to grow up, even if the wrinkles on my face say it is time...:o)


Don't let the ugly green carpet scare ya away!
Apparently it's the last thing on my hubbys
to do list...But he's still a keeper!



I used the monster fur that I have for my Etsy shop
Who doesn't luv some fluffy furry monster fur??


I painted an ugly gold mirror in the same Lagoon color

I joined the party at:


Wow us Wednesdays

Furniture Feature Fridays

6 comments:

  1. It's fun to experiment with the offbeat, isn't it? So is this a keeper or something you will have to find a home for? I'm your new follower.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes it is! Well I would have to say, one is a keeper, my daughter wants it...:o)

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea! You reminded me that I have four of my Grandma's chairs that just need a little finishing before I attach the seats. And guess what - I recovered them with faux tiger fur :) Time to get them out of the basement! What would Grandma say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making & repairing own stuffs are really good job. I always like to do by myself. Although, everything can’t be possible, but you know what? There is always good feeling when I can do that by my own. Well done Bonnie Boyer. You did very hard work for making those chairs looks pretty.

    Cafe Side Chair

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always work to make our stuffs looks nice. Obviously that’s fun.

    Aluminum Tables

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous!! i love your work.Princess Car Beds

    ReplyDelete