Monday, August 5, 2013

Birds on branches and wooden stools

                         Found these two boring wood stools and wanted to do something to them to 
Make them look FABULOUS! First I used a bird stencil
so both would come out looking alike, then I freehanded
the branches on, I then painted them in a creamy white, then rubbed
them down in a dark walnut stain, I still didn't like them, so took some white
paint and added some glaze and whitewashed them, still didn't do it for me, then
I took some sandpaper and distressed them until some of the first coat of white
showed through, VIOLA, that did it for me, I really like how they turned out, kinda 
hard to see all the details in the pic but they really look great..
Before



AFTER

Elizabeth and Co.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!!!!!!! They're doing it for me now, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanx Sharon, I made the stencil with my cricut, I used the home decor cartridge...

      Delete